We are looking to hire a General Program Manager
The Stichting Female Journalists Network (SFJN) is a nonprofit association, registered in The Netherlands since 2013. It seeks to build bridges between media and the Syrian women’s movement by enhancing and empowering both men and women working in the field of media, by empowering women journalists to take over leading positions in their institutions, and by activating the role of the media in raising social awareness concerning gender equality and women’s issues. The SFJN also works on improving the representation of women in the media to achieve a Syrian society that is fair to all of its men and women citizens, and to realize a positive social change in thinking and behavior with respect to matters surrounding gender justice and equality.
About the General Program Manager position
Under supervision by the SFJN Executive Director, the General Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and supervision of SFJN programs.
This is a leadership position requiring an experienced senior level professional. It is full-time, to be based in Turkey or the Netherlands. Priority is for a woman candidate.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Strategic Management and leadership
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, the General Program manager will be responsible for drawing the strategic directions of SFJN and implementing all administrative and program strategies within the required time-frame and regulations.
- Support the management of the organization’s strategic plan, budget and fundraising strategy.
- Supervise and mentor team to ensure quality work and accountability.
- Ensure the operationalization and adherence to all SFJNs’ policies and procedures.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including organizational safety, quality and team member performance.
- Create a supportive environment that fosters personal responsibility and commitment to SFJN goals and values.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye towards future needs.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Planning and supervising the implementation of all existing programs, campaigns, training and activities at SFJN.
- Monitoring and evaluation of all existing programs/activities at SFJN. Following SFJN evaluation system to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Acting as an initiator and a key person in developing new activities or programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Plan and supervise advocacy campaigns, events, dialogue meetings related to any program with the support from the communication and advocacy team.
- Monitoring and supervision of the development of program tools, including data collection methods and program narratives.
- Contributing and Production of the financial and l narrative reports to the funding donors.
- Coordinate with The finance manager for administrative, financial and logistical matters.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program. Ensure the budget requirements are met per program.
- Lead the recruitment process for the program staff together with the Executive director and HR manager.
- Identify the program staff capacity building’s needs and work in coordination with the HR manager.
- Ensure the smooth coordination between different programs when needed.
- Organize the Annual strategic planning meeting.
- Take part in writing program funding proposals and concept notes.
Internal and External Communication
- Develop partnerships and manage relations with potential partners.
- Identify and map potential strategic partner CSO’s, feminists, Women’s Rights organizations and groups.
- Communicating/meeting with stakeholders/donors to make communication easy and transparent regarding program issues and decisions.
- Representing the SFJN when needed .
- The General Program Manager will lead all SFJNs’ Program operations and oversee programming remotely. She will report to the Executive and Deputy Directors of SFJN.
- The program managers, coordinators and officers will report directly to the General Program Manager.
- A Degree in Media, management, Social Science, Development Study, or other relevant degrees.
- Master’s degree is desirable
- Personal integrity and transparency, serving as a role model for others.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to champion SFJNs’ values.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Effective in motivating staff to deliver quality results on time.
- Keen appreciation of quality and standards with the ability to take responsibility for delivering quality results despite challenges.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills with the ability to see both the big picture as well as micro issues.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize, understand and communicate complex issues effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Quickbooks and social media
- Quick learner
- Fluency in English both written and oral
Please send your application to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line ‘General Program Manager’ by May 31, 2020 with the following:
- A thoughtful cover letter that includes why you are interested in this position at this point in your career
- Your CV
- A one-page statement on how you will maintain a positive, feminist, values-based organizational culture.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please review qualifications and competencies carefully; unqualified candidates will not be shortlisted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by June 10, 2020.
- Position will remain open until filled. If advert remains on our website past June 1st 2020 you are welcome to apply at that time (no repeat submissions please). If you do not hear from us within two weeks of your submission, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.